Computer Programming

Jay

Who is into it? What languages do you know? Are you any good? Where did you learn? How did you learn? What do you feel is challenging about this stuff? Does anybody do work in coding where you're paid?

Who wants to simply entertain the possibility of getting into this field? What might be some obstacles?

JavaScript is the only programming language I know and I think I've been using it for about a decade. I was self-taught mostly, with lots of questions along the way and a lot of research. I've only been paid a small handful of times for coding work I've done, which is fine with me since I mainly code as a hobby.

I knew a bunch in the 2000s as I was self-studying and also took courses in C++, C# .net, and Visual Basic .net.

Anyway, nowadays, I'm trying to master Python via online video.

I dabbled in HTML but have found I am just not technically inclined. Most of it goes over my head. I have learned some just by having a forum & being on Staff on other forums, but not enough to where I feel confident to do it all on my own.

I dabbled in HTML but have found I am just not technically inclined. Most of it goes over my head. I have learned some just by having a forum & being on Staff on other forums, but not enough to where I feel confident to do it all on my own.
I have a feeling coding/scripting is not for me either. Well, I've given Python a chance (lately), but honestly, I'd rather tutor math and science. I simply like it better anyway.

I have a feeling coding/scripting is not for me either. Well, I've given Python a chance (lately), but honestly, I'd rather tutor math and science. I simply like it better anyway.
Have you tried HTML? I found that to be quite self explanatory. If you have tried it, how does Python differ?
We need to go with our strengths, most definitely :)

Have you tried HTML? I found that to be quite self explanatory. If you have tried it, how does Python differ?
We need to go with our strengths, most definitely :)
I used to be good at HTML and understood CSS somewhat. Well, I studied it on my own in the 2000s and around 2015 I took a university course in it.

How does it differ from Python? Python is simply a programming language and HTML and CSS are not.

I used to be good at HTML and understood CSS somewhat. Well, I studied it on my own in the 2000s and around 2015 I took a university course in it.

How does it differ from Python? Python is simply a programming language and HTML and CSS are not.
Shows you what I know, or rather don't know, about tech lol
Is a programming language hard to learn for beginners?

Shows you what I know, or rather don't know, about tech lol
Is a programming language hard to learn for beginners?
I can't really say. Myself, I think it can be easy. It depends on how it is taught. Well, what I'm doing is this Bro Code video on YouTube for Python. It's very easy to grasp for most people I suspect.

Back