Hostile Architecture

Jay

Some park benches are built specifically to discourage the homeless and this is just one part of it. Well, do you feel H.A. is a good move or a cruel move?

I think if they used their thinking in helping rather than on deterring the homeless, that would go a long way. Repellents don't fix the problem & homeless people are not insects that we need to repel. They are human beings & need some extra help. Now mind you, some may not want the help but I would think the majority would appreciate a way to get back on their feet.

I think if they used their thinking in helping rather than on deterring the homeless, that would go a long way. Repellents don't fix the problem & homeless people are not insects that we need to repel. They are human beings & need some extra help. Now mind you, some may not want the help but I would think the majority would appreciate a way to get back on their feet.
What might be some ways? What ways do you think are more effective? Why are they not being implemented you think?

What might be some ways? What ways do you think are more effective? Why are they not being implemented you think?
These will be just dreams as the way the USA is going especially but focus on its own citizens. Our own communities. Give them better resources. Help them get a job where they can feel good about themselves. Some communities have created tiny homes to give them back some dignity & self-respect. That in itself will go a long way.
Most of all, I will stress, don't forget a country's own citizens.

These will be just dreams as the way the USA is going especially but focus on its own citizens. Our own communities. Give them better resources. Help them get a job where they can feel good about themselves. Some communities have created tiny homes to give them back some dignity & self-respect. That in itself will go a long way.
Most of all, I will stress, don't forget a country's own citizens.
It's a big shame cause working in fast food really isn't that tough, assuming you're in physical shape, but homeless people are probably used to walking.

Back