How do you listen to music?

Reverie

What apps/website/technology to use to listen to music? CD's have died out, but I do know vinyls have come back. What website do you use to listen to music mostly?

I'm thinking of apps/sites such as Spotify, Last.fm, 8tracks, Pandora, Apple Music, YouTube, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, and Amazon Music. Do you know of any others, favorite one, what would you recommend?

So I pay for YouTube Premium, and YouTube knows me very well since I have been using Google's music services (previously Google Play Music) since it's inception.

My kids are into Spotify and even added me to their Spotify plan. But, I still keep returning to YouTube Music, because I don't have the patience to train Spotify, lol.

I only use Youtube, I pay for Premium so I don't really feel the need to go with any other platform. Not to mention, it's got plenty of fan made content and numerous video game soundtracks that Spotify will never be able to get the rights to.

YouTube has got everything it seems and it's free, but I could be wrong on this. Well, I haven't explored other online venues since legal Napster way back in the 2000s.

I make use of Spotify and it has been the best experience for me so far. The way that they build my playlists to have some of the best songs from my favourite musicians is what I like about them.

I'm old-fashioned. Compact Discs. We find them at garage sales for cheap. We then download them to the computer then re-sell them in our own garage sale.

I have and mostly use YouTube Music on my iPhone and Google Chromebook. I did have Pandora on my iPhone too, but I uninstalled it in favor of YouTube Music.

Any reason you do CDs versus digital versions?
Same reason why I prefer physical books. Digital versions you have to pay for a Service & don't "own" sometimes. Physical media, you pay once, & own it for life. Plus they are not contingent on having the Internet. :)

Same reason why I prefer physical books. Digital versions you have to pay for a Service & don't "own" sometimes. Physical media, you pay once, & own it for life. Plus they are not contingent on having the Internet. :)
Sounds like you hate streaming more than digital. If you rip a CD or download MP3’s, those don’t require the internet or rely on a service.

Sounds like you hate streaming more than digital. If you rip a CD or download MP3’s, those don’t require the internet or rely on a service.
That's what they said they're doing

Personally I use Spotify because it's on my car. It's great. The car is the only place I really listen to music anymore although mainly I've been listening to audiobooks recently.

I should listen to music more in the house but can't when I'm working. Can't have music with lyrics while I work as it won't let me think on what I'm creating. (I'm an editor)

I don't hate streaming. We stream movies & TV shows. :)
That's what they said they're doing

Personally I use Spotify because it's on my car. It's great. The car is the only place I really listen to music anymore although mainly I've been listening to audiobooks recently.

I should listen to music more in the house but can't when I'm working. Can't have music with lyrics while I work as it won't let me think on what I'm creating. (I'm an editor)
I don't do well listening to music while doing something else. It can be too distracting.
What are you an editor for?

Back