What's the easiest musical instrument to play?

Heatman

There are so many musical instruments that are used to produce songs. Which one's have you played and they seem to be very easy for someone to learn how to play? How long did it take you to master how to play the instrument?

It seems like that the bass guitar is the easiest of what I know (bass guitar, drums, piano, guitar). I think a bassists could get on stage and play in a band the quickest (my guess).

That choice seems a little too simple for me. I was shooting for at least the complexity of a bass. Anyway, you're probably right, however.
Bass isn't as simple as people think it is, as it's entirely based on what band you're listening to. Bassists that are only mimicking what the guitar is doing, but just playing the root note is pretty easy, as you're not having to learn chords. Though the ones that aren't copying the guitar, or matching the kick drum have a lot more going on than people give it credit for.

I play both, and once you get past learning chords, there's quite a few songs where the bass is doing a lot more than you give it credit for, and is "harder" than the guitar parts that are just basic chord strumming.

Back