Do you like using subtitles?

Heatman

Whenever you're watching movies or TV shows, how do you feel about using subtitles especially when the movie or TV show was in English language? Do you find the subtitles to be a distraction or it helps you out with following up on the conversations?

Yes, using subtitles for some of the movies that were aired in a foreign language is what I enjoy doing. One key part of it is the fact that I am able to understand more about the movie by reading the subtitles, which tells me what they are saying in the movie. If it is a movie that was made in English, I won't really bother much about it.

I have mixed feelings. My eyes are definitely drawn to the subtitles more than I would like, but I don’t need to constantly play with the volume between dialogue and gunfire/explosions.

I admit I use the subtitles more frequently for shows where most characters have non-american accents.

I have mixed feelings. My eyes are definitely drawn to the subtitles more than I would like, but I don’t need to constantly play with the volume between dialogue and gunfire/explosions.

I admit I use the subtitles more frequently for shows where most characters have non-american accents.
I feel like this too with using subtitles. My eyes will be going through it until the movie or TV show is over. It's a focus holder whenever I'm watching any movie or TV show.

Even for my Native English speaking shows, I use subtitles. I realized how much I had missed in the dialogue when I didn't use them. I can follow the storyline better when I see the words, not just hear them. Especially for other English speaking shows from the UK that have accents.

I don't, to be honest. I like to watch the film/series in my native language and subtitles just generally distract me from the film or I get too distracted by other things to keep up with them.

I don't like it for TV or movies. However, sometimes it's good for instructional internet videos when you can't understand them and/or you got no headphones at the library.

I always use sub titles. My wife la first language is Spanish so we use them for her to help with her enough a bit more (although she is fluent). May switch it to Spanish soon to help me

Back