Do you still rent books?

Heatman

I can't believe that there are still some people who rent/hire books they want to read instead of buying them. I went to see my friend who works as a librarian only to find out some people still hire books to read.

Do you still hire books or buy them?

I can't believe that there are still some people who rent/hire books they want to read instead of buying them. I went to see my friend who works as a librarian only to find out some people still hire books to read.

Do you still hire books or buy them?
Nah I don't read too much anymore. My wife rents them for free using a library account with the Kindle.

I prefer reading PDF books instead of renting books. When I buy the soft copy, it is something that I can read anywhere that I go and that is on point for me. I will always want to read books on the go and it is not easy doing it by going around with hard copies.

I usually purchase the books I desperately want to read, but then again, I'm not much of a reader in the first place. You can also find some good free eBooks out there occasionally.

At US colleges and universities there are book rentals due to the high cost of textbooks, which for many students, who usually are in their teens or early 20s, is a lot to deal with.

Anyhow, myself, I don't rent books since I've been out of university.

All the time. It's free! The library is great. :)
For me as well! We have the library's website we can put books, DVDs, CDs on hold from other library branches. I've never rented nor paid for a book from the library. Although some branches many years ago did charge a fee for the DVDs & CDs.

Back