How many bank accounts do you have?

Heatman

Do you like making use of one bank account or do you have a good reason to split your funds in different bank accounts? What's the reason why you feel it's important to have your saved in different bank accounts?

I have 3 bank accounts and they are all used for different reasons. For example, I make use of the mobile bank account for basic activities that helps me do quick and basic bill payments while the other two are for other activities.

I have one bank account now. Well, before I had two and then for awhile I had money come to a card. Anyway, an advantage with a bank account is you can use it to borrow money

I have 1 checking and 1 savings
Same. But I have also been use the app YNAB (You Need a Budget) for the past 15 years or so (or more) and it is AMAZING. It basically makes it so eventually you're living on last months income and you have a built in one month buffer if used properly. It's been a stress lifesaver as a freelancer and I'm sure it would be for anyone.

I'm not going to link to it as I'm not selling it lol but go ahead and Google it. I used to use Quicken for finances (ages ago) but Quicken stunk on the Mac 10 or more years ago so I found this app. It's a web based app and an app for your phone now but wasn't when I started. Seriously it's life changing if used properly. No more money stress.

Basically you give every dollar that comes in a "job" by putting it into categories.

Say for example mortgage/rent, groceries, auto repairs. The maintenance stuff is great because you throw 50 or more bucks a month into it and then when you have a car service needed no stress the money is set aside. You can do that for anything but that just one example.

But yes I have a checking, savings, and ond credit card. Lol

We have two bank accounts. One for Savings which we only tap into if it’s for Emergencies. The other is for Checking to pay bills. We had merged the two accounts into our Bank. Otherwise we had our Savings in a Credit Union.

We have two bank accounts. One for Savings which we only tap into if it’s for Emergencies. The other is for Checking to pay bills. We had merged the two accounts into our Bank. Otherwise we had our Savings in a Credit Union.
Having two bank accounts is optimal in my opinion. It will give room for you to not have every money mixed up. It will be very difficult for you to keep track of your savings if you're paying for your expenses from the same account.

Back