Who can read music?

Jay

How good can you read it? Where did you learn? Who can read or read well? Have you thought about improving things?

I used to be able to read when I was 13 or so (35 years ago) and did piano but I've long since forgotten. I wasn't too great at it then either. Lol

I can read drum music really well. I'm so so good at reading advanced piano and I can read very basic guitar stuff, but I'm a non-notation player.

I learned a bit when I played instruments in school. But just like with technology, music is beyond me. I know there is a guide that people can follow to learn better.
I found this site that people may find helpful if one is a beginner: Read Music

I can read drum music really well. I'm so so good at reading advanced piano and I can read very basic guitar stuff, but I'm a non-notation player.
I mean, I'm not a notation player for guitar. That's not the case for drums or piano, though, I can jam on drums without notation.

Anyway, it would be cool to read notes for a guitar like it trains you to do in those Mel Bay books, but I don't have the time to prioritize studying for it right now.

Last edited:
Back